Contacting the Gender Service
All initial enquiries or issues should be raised via email to our adult gender team or young people gender team and a member of the team will get back to you shortly. Please provide us with your full name (or name you have registered with at the service) along with your date of birth and address. This will help us to deal with your enquiry more efficiently. The phone lines are open from 8:30am - 11:30am Monday - Friday. Please call 0141 211 8137 for the adult service and 0141 211 8618 for the young person's service during this time, if you are unable to attend your appointment or for any other urgent matters. Alternatively please email the service with the subject line "Unable to Attend". If you do not inform us that you are not able to attend, you risk being removed from the list as there are many patients waiting for appointments.
We accept self-referrals and referrals from other service providers (e.g. your GP or a key support worker).
If you are over the age of 17, and wish to self-refer in to the Adult Gender Service please email with the information below. We will only accept patients living within the following health boards:
- Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- Ayrshire & Arran
- Forth Valley
- Western Isles
- Dumfries and Galloway
Please note that there are other providers in Lothian, Grampian, Highland and Tayside which may be more suitable for your location. For more information and contact details for these clinics, please click here.
If you are a young person below the age of 17, or the parent of a young person who wishes to register with the Young People's Gender Service, please email with the information below, using your child's details if you are a parent. There is no lower age limit to register with this service and we take referrals from all over Scotland.
- Your full birth name (e.g. John Smith)
- The name you wish to use on our system, if you have changed or do not use your birth name (e.g. Jane Smith)
- Your date of birth
- Your current address (we will not send correspondence to your home address if you do not want us to)
- Your mobile phone number, home phone number, or both
- The name of your current GP and the GP practice you are registered with (we will not contact them if you don't want us to)
- Have you ever attended Sandyford GIC or another Gender Clinic or clinician in the past? If yes please let us know when and who you saw. (This will help us to appoint you to the clinician best suited to your needs and will not affect your place on the waiting list.)
- If it is ok for us to contact you on your phone number -please say yes or no
- If it is ok for us to contact you on your email address - please say yes or no
- What kind of help would young person like to get from attending the Young Person’s Gender Service?
- Are there any other services currently involved with you/young person (for example, CAMHS, Social Work, etc?)
Waiting List Information
If there has been a change to your contact details please ensure that you notify the service as, due to the long wait since referrals, it is proving difficult to contact some patients when they reach the top of the list. We thank you for your continued patience.