Selling sex at this time puts you and anyone you live with at a much higher risk of COVID-19. It is impossible for you to keep a safe distance no matter what sexual position is used. People with COVID-19 can have no symptoms and still be infectious so even if someone has no cough or temperature, they can still have the virus and pass it on to you and you can pass it on to them. Condoms do not protect against COVID-19 they will only prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections. If you are able to stop or pause selling sex at this time you should. If you have no other source of income and need emergency access to food, clothing, funds or accommodation there are services available that can provide this.
Support for people at high risk of COVID-19
There is a helpline for people who are at high risk from COVID-19 - and do not have a support network at home - that can connect you to local services which can help provide food and medicine as well as emotional support.
The phone number is 0800 111 4000 and it's open between 9am and 5pm. The below organisations can also offer help and support.
- CLiCK provide non-judgemental support to women.
- Routes Out provide help, advocacy and support in the Glasgow area.
- The NHSGGC website provides information about services that can support you with money worries.
Sex and Social Distancing
Everyone needs to be socially distancing at this time (keeping two metres away from others), handwashing for 20 seconds regularly and remembering to avoid touching your face.If you are going to have sex, you can reduce the harm to yourself and your partners by.
- Kissing passes on COVID-19.Avoid kissing anyone who is not part of your household.
- Rimming (mouth on anus) is very likely to spread COVID-19 as the virus in faeces can enter your mouth so you should avoid it during this time.
- Washing before and after sex is essential. Wash your hands and sex toys with soap and warm water. Do not share sex toys during this time.
In light of COVID-19 we're changing the way we provide free condoms so that everyone who needs them has safe access to them. You can now order securely online and have them delivered free to in a discreet package (you can order as much as you need). It's still possible to access Free Condoms at venues that are open. However it is likely that many Free Condom venues will be closed to the public at short notice in response to the ongoing COVID-19 situation. We recommend using our online ordering form to ensure you get what you need.
If you need confidential sexual health care you can contact the Inclusion Team at Sandyford on 0141 211 8610
Further Information about COVID-19 is available on the NHS Inform website.